Over the past 50 years, science and medicine has flip flopped back and forth about what is healthy and what is unhealthy. It is enough to drive the general public to the point of complete confusion.
A prime example of this is coffee. The World Health Organization declared coffee a probable carcinogen and then two decades later (in 2016), they declared coffee a cancer preventer.
How can this happen? I will tell you how. Things are many time not what they appear to be. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. For thousands of years, humans thought that the sun was moving through the sky rather than the earth rotating on its axis.
Any liquid over 149 degrees can burn the esophagus and promote esophageal cancer. Coffee was falsely accused, when heat was the culprit.
Confusion has also occurred over the years with the following topics and with many of them the confusion is still raging on today. This is only the tip of the iceberg!
I voice my opinion on each of them. I am fairly confident that I am correct on all of them, but in life we can’t be 100% sure about too many things!
Health Busters: Fact or Myth?
- Eggs – Good when they are pastured and organic.
- Red Meat – Good when consumed in moderation and when it is grass fed and organic beef.
- Fish – Good when it is wild caught and a smaller fish, such as salmon or sardines, but not swordfish or tuna. The larger fish accumulate too much mercury and other toxins in their flesh.
- Grains (even whole grains) – Bad, since they cause inflammation and can lead to leaky gut syndrome. If you want to open your eyes to this topic, read the book Grain Brain.
- Red wine – Good in moderation.
- Margarine – Bad! It isn’t nice to fool Mother Nature!
- Butter – Good when it is from grass fed organic milk and preferably raw milk, which is illegal in many states.
- Sun Exposure – Excellent in moderation.
- Breast feeding – Excellent for the baby and for the mother too.
- Canola Oil – Bad!
Canola doesn’t even exist in nature. The word “Canola” is an abbreviation for “Canadian Oil”! It is a hybrid of the rapeseed plant and according to the Huffington Post, 90% of all canola oil is genetically modified. The oil is altered to reduce the toxic levels of erucic acid and processed through several chemical baths before being bleached.
Research demonstrates canola oil leads to a significant decline in working memory and has a negative impact on weight management too.
Prevention Magazine has been praising canola oil for decades and still calls canola oil a “top choice”!
After finding this out, I will question anything that Prevention Magazine has to say!
According to the AARP, 93% of Americans are concerned about their brain health, but the problem is that in my opinion less than 1% of the public actually knows how to protect the health of their own brain and the brains of their loved ones. But relax, since I will tell you how to find out how to protect your brain right now.
In my opinion, the best, the most comprehensive and the most accurate information on this topic that you can obtain, is from the documentary series Awakening from Alzheimer’s.
I watched the series, learned a lot and was extremely impressed. I also own the series, which comes with transcripts and supporting books.
If you watch and study the program, I believe that you will know more than at least 90% of America’s doctors do on protecting brain health.
They also provide you with a wealth of free information on their website.
You can own the series for $99.00 for the digital version and $159.00 for the physical DVDs.